- The attention of the Management of the Ghana National Fire Service has been drawn to stories making rounds in the media with regards to some Fire Recruits who have been sacked without allowances.
- The Management of the Service wishes to state the facts as follows:
- That the 2018/2019 Recruits have been divided into four batches.
- That the Recruits in question are the fourth batch of the ongoing 2018/2019 recruitment exercise who have undergone a week orientation exercise at the Fire Academy And Training School (FATS) after which they proceeded to various fire stations for attachment prior to their final training.
- That, the Recruits in question have not been sacked but asked to go home after the end of their attachment period and would be recalled for training after the preceding batches have completed their training.
- They are scheduled to go back for training in September, 2019.
ELLIS ROBINSON OKOE
HEAD OF P.R